Hello, my name is Denis,
I am a fully qualified counsellor with a Degree in Integrative Counselling, I offer individual One-to-One counselling for adults, children and young people or students. I offer both early and late night counselling slots plus weekend appointments on request.
I am a fully qualified counsellor-psychotherapist, practising in Taunton- Somerset. I am a Registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, (BACP).
Training, qualifications & experience
- I completed 4 years of training, my initial therapy training was at the Iron Mill College in Exeter where I gained a certificate in counselling. I subsequently gained a foundation degree and then studied for a BA in integrative therapy from the University of Worcester.
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy ( BACP). I abide by its code of ethics and professional practice.
- I have a clean DBS and I am fully covered by Professional Liability Insurance.
- My work is fully supervised by registered supervisors and I continually update my professional development.
- I have travelled widely in my life and I have experienced life in many parts of the world. Travel has given me a wide experience of the various cultures.
- Prior to becoming a counsellor, I trained as a teacher, but also enjoyed long and successful careers as: A youth worker, support worker, Music instructor, Charity worker and several other roles.
- I offer counselling and therapy for a wide range of people Men and Women of different ages, cultural backgrounds, races and social backgrounds. I have a special interest in diversity in counselling.
I offer a professional, equal and non judgemental-empathetic therapeutic support in a safe environment.
Who do I work with?
I support people on a wide range of recognised psychological and emotional situations, including anxiety, depression, confidence and self-esteem, anger, difficulties in relationships, sexual problems, addictions and much more
I also support people with issues which maybe difficult to define, like; confusion and lack of direction, questions about meaning in life, difficulties in relating to others, concerns about identity or sexuality.
My professional membership:
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy ( BACP). I bide by its code of ethics and professional practice. As a result, I attend regular supervision which further enhances the safety and effectiveness of my work. I have a clean DBS and I am fully covered by Professional Liability Insurance.
How I work:
I believe that each individual that comes to see me is a unique-valuable person, with their own journey and unique story to tell. Relationship is paramount and at the heart of my work.
I value the collaborative partnership with each person I support, so that together we can work through any pain or challenges to gain clarity.
Please email me; firstname.lastname@example.org , If you would prefer to speak to me directly please call me on Mobile:07561725262. If I am not available, please leave a message or send a text, it is totally confidential and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
All messages left, whether voicemail, text or email will be dealt with in strict confidence. I aim to respond to all voice messages/texts/emails within 24 hours.
LET'S GET STARTED NOW!