Talking may help:
Hello, my name is Denis,
I am a fully qualified integrative counsellor, I offer individual One-to-One Counselling and therapy for Adults and Young People in a safe and confidential environment. I am based in Taunton-Somerset but I have had people come to see me from Exeter and Devon. I offer both early and late night counselling slots plus weekends appointments on request. I currently work in a private school and in my own private practice.
I am a fully qualified counsellor-psychotherapist, practising in Taunton- Somerset. I am a Registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, (BACP).
Training, qualifications & experience
- I completed 4 years of training, my initial therapy training was at the Iron Mill College in Exeter where I gained a certificate in counselling. I subsequently gained a foundation degree and then studied for a BA in integrative therapy from the University of Worcester.
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy ( BACP). I abide by its code of ethics and professional practice.
- I have a clean DBS and I am fully covered by Professional Liability Insurance.
- My work is fully supervised by registered supervisors and I continually update my professional development.
- I have travelled widely in my life and I have experienced life in many parts of the world. Travel has given me a wide experience of the various cultures.
- Prior to becoming a counsellor, I trained as a teacher, but also enjoyed long and successful careers as: A youth worker, support worker, Djembe drum instructor, Charity worker and several other roles.
- I offer counselling and therapy for a wide range of people Men and Women of different ages, cultural backgrounds, races and social backgrounds. I have a special interest in diversity in counselling.
I offer a professional, equal and non judgemental-empathetic therapeutic support in a safe environment.
What is my Counselling?
I am an integrative counsellor, counselling with me centres around listening to you and supporting you. Counselling can help you gain an understanding of ourselves; how you behave, and how the effect of your past experience who you are today. Exploring your thoughts and feelings can help you understand your distress, gain empowerment, build confidence and help you deal with the challenges you face.
I don’t pass judgement on what you have done (or what you haven’t done) and I work with you to get to where you want to be in life.
My professional membership:
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy ( BACP). I bide by its code of ethics and professional practice. As a result, I attend regular supervision which further enhances the safety and effectiveness of my work. I have a clean DBS and I am fully covered by Professional Liability Insurance.
I HELP WITH A RANGE OF ISSUES
There are many issues that counselling can help with. The counselling issues include:
Abuse / Addiction(s) / Anger management / Anorexia / Anxiety / Bereavement / Bullying / Depression / Disabilities / Domestic violence / Drug abuse / Eating disorders / Emotional abuse / Gambling / HIV/AIDS / Hoarding / Internet addiction / Learning difficulties / Low self-confidence / Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) / Phobias / Relationship issues / Racism/ Self-harm / Sex addiction / Sex problems / Sexual abuse / Sexuality / Smoking / Spirituality / Stress / Suicidal thoughts / Trauma / Work related stress
For a prompt appointment, call or text: 07561725262. I may be with a client or otherwise occupied, in which case please leave a message with your contact number. I will respond promptly. E-Mail: email@example.com Or use the contact page to send me an email. Follow us on Facebook, YouTube
All messages left, whether voicemail, text or email will be dealt with in strict confidence. I aim to respond to all voice messages/texts/emails within 24 hours.